The Texas Education Agency (TEA) is requiring that the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) / End of Course (EOC) / Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System (TELPAS) exams be taken in-person for both our in-person and virtual learners, while maintaining health and safety protocols.
This means that during the STAAR/EOC/TELPAS testing dates for a certain grade level, the in-person and virtual students for that grade level will come onto campus to take the test. (Again, the district’s extended health and safety protocols will continue to be followed for the safety of students and staff.) The STAAR testing dates for elementary school students are as follows:
· APRIL 6: Fourth Grade in-person and virtual students take the Writing STAAR
· MAY 11: Third Grade in-person and virtual students take the Math STAAR
· MAY 12: Fourth Grade in-person and virtual students take the Math STAAR
· MAY 13: Third Grade in-person and virtual students take the Reading STAAR
· MAY 14: Fourth Grade in-person and virtual students take the Reading STAAR
Please refer to the spring assessments webpage for more information about testing and makeup testing dates. Thank you for your flexibility and cooperation as we work together to ensure that all students have the opportunity to complete their assessments safely.